The 3DF Series of Fusion Laser Metal Printing System is designed to consistently meet the high demands of the metal 3D printing industry. The development of this new generation of entry level industrial 3D Laser Metal Printing systems provides a small footprint in a cost-effective way to produce high-quality designs in the 3D metal printed market.
The system is built in Laser Photonics’ conventional tower design when all controls located at the top of the system eliminating contamination of electronic components wit metallic and conductive powder.. The vertical build of the system allows for placement on an engineering desktop. With a low power consumption, the usage of conventional UPS provides continuous and non-interrupted operations for lengthy multi-day process’ during 3D printing.
Other features include cassette-to-cassette powder feeding and collection system and can be equipped with inert gas handling module, depending on application needs.
We Offer Our Customers…
- Reduce product development times
- Reduce mold and tooling costs with dramatic reduction of lead time
- Puts product on the market in weeks rather than in months
- Produce products with complex geometries and internal structures
- Optical or mechanical Z axis capability
- Sealed digital encoder 100% maintenance-free with laser placement accuracy of 3-5μm
- Build rate: 5 cm³ – 40 cm³ per hour
- Printing speed 2000 – 3000 mm/s
- Positioning speed (max.) 6000-12000 mm/s
- Layer thickness 20 – 100 µm
- Min Wall Thickness 150 – 1000 mkm
- Single or Dual Head Configuration
- Optional Dual Head master-slave configuration
- 2 units of Fiber Lasers configured for Dual head operation
- 3D package for focal distance alignment without mechanical Z-axis
- Master/ Slave configuration or both heads works independently from each other
Typical Applications For 3DF Series of Laser Metal Printers
- Fast-track prototype functional testing and market demonstration
- Manufacturing of highly complex geometries
- Manufacturing of customized or individually fitted parts
- Reduce weight applications
- Tooling repair, spare parts, and parts reconditioning
Highly complex parts previously unrealizable through traditional means now allow automotive designers to improve automotive efficiencies and reduce part counts while eliminating tooling cost leading to more fuel efficient vehicles. With Laser Photonics highly-automated based direct drive motion system technology, automotive engine blocks are now possible to metal print.
Military & Defense
From maintenance centers, naval ships, to military outposts, 3D metal printing systems are changing the entire fleet management workflow from maintaining huge inventories to quick printing replacement parts on demand. Metal printing is having a profound affect on next-generation capabilities of our soldiers including battlefield armor, special purpose ballistic munitions, and weapons. BTS technology allows replacing 100’s of warhead components to only a few achieving intricate designs to control explosion pattern, blast direction, and other special purpose components for mission specific applications.
Private companies, NASA and other groups are developing new concepts to launch 3D printing into the final frontier. Long-term missions benefit greatly from having onboard manufacturing capabilities reducing the need to maintain costly inventory on the International Space Station and future spacecrafts.. Space colonies would be self-sufficient with the capabilities to manufacture spare parts/tools. BTS technology opens the door to metal printing larger rocket, missile, and propulsion based components and subassemblies.
Aerospace & Industrial Applications
Tooling inserts featuring conformal cooling channels to lightweight structures for aerospace, applications include turbine blades, aircraft frames & structures, jet engines, fuel systems, guide vanes & other reduce weight components contributing to lighter aircrafts reducing fuel consumption. Laser Photonics BTS large build-plate technology expands applications to include turbine rings with diameters out to 1.5 meters and long structures & frames out to 3 meters.
Patient specific implants featuring hybrid structures and textures unlock manufacturing capabilities that combine free-form shapes and intricate lattice structures improving Osseo integration leading to much improved patient outcomes. BTS technology optimized for biocompatible metal powders like titanium target specific surface properties that generate expected responses from neighboring cells and tissue of orthopedic implants, such as hip, knee and spinal devices.
- Industrial Vacuum Cleaner
- Glovebox cabinet
- Screening/Sieving Machine
- Sand Blaster
- Replacement gloves
- Vacuum Drying Oven
- Powder storage cabinet
- System Filters
- Powder Canisters
- 3D Scanner Arm
- 3D HandHeld Scanner