Cleaning | Roughing | Finishing
CleanTech™ handhelds are on the cutting edge of laser cleaning technology. These portable handheld laser cleaners are ideal for cleaning rust and corrosion from all common metal surfaces like steel, iron, aluminum, and more. CleanTech™ handhelds are also ideal surface treatment solutions. Perfect for polishing welds, removing paint, or roughening surfaces before adhesion.
The Q-switched laser was specifically designed for maintenance-free applications. It delivers a diffraction-limited (M2<1.05) laser beam directly to the worksite via a metal-sheathed single-mode fiber cable. These compact service-free Lasers are designed to operate under high shock, vibration, and dust conditions in relatively high humidity across wide operating temperature ranges. Wall-plug efficiencies up to 50% result in a compact size, reduced utilities, and trouble-free air cooling. There is no routine replacement of parts or materials scheduling; they require only a low voltage power source
The Cleaning Head is designed to quickly and precisely deflect and position the laser beam. Small spot sizes are achieved along with large image fields. Very stable operating conditions, as well as high long-term stability, are provided by pressurized air injection into the optical shroud and particle extraction between the optical and protection shroud layers. The compact housing is dustproof and water spray resistant.
Movable Laser Cleaning System:
The movable Laser Cleaning system consists of a laser, cleaning head, controls, and dust extractor/collector with extraction hose and replaceable filter bags. Dust extractor unit is designed for use with an array of portable/movable laser cleaning systems. The 1/2HP motor pulls air through a heavy-duty, reusable, front drawer-mounted filter at a rate of 620 cm. Cleaning the filter is a simple matter of pulling the drawer out and vacuuming the filter and is durable enough to be re-used.
- Laser 0.5mJ, 1.0 mJ, 2.0 mJ, or custom for up to 150 mJ for special applications
- Motor:1/2HP, 1 Phase, 120V (up to 3HP for higher CFM and more powerful lasers)
- Dimensions:24″ x 24″
- System Height:53″
- Overall Dimensions: 33″ tall x 25″ wide x 47″ deep
- Weight: 120 lbs.
- Heavy-duty swivel casters for mobility
- Heavy-duty induction motor pulls air downward.
- Reusable pleated filter encased in a metal tray for durability and quick cleaning.
- Built-in casters for increased mobility in the shop environment.
- The industrial on-off switch is positioned in front for operator convenience.
- Industrial strength cabinet for durability.
Requirements beyond those listed above can be quoted upon request. Contact Laser Photonics to speak with a laser expert who will guide you towards the best system for your needs.
Safety Considerations During Operation: 1064 nM wavelength laser light emitted from this laser system is invisible and may be harmful to the human eye. Proper laser safety eyewear must be worn during operation at all times. 21CFR 1040.10 Compliance: The CleanTech™ Handheld is a Class IV enclosed laser unit as designated by the CDRH and meets the full requirements for a stand-alone laser system as defined by 21 CFR 1040.10 under the Radiation Control for Health and Safety Act of 1968. As an added level of security, a redundantly switched safety interlock system helps prevent accidental exposure to excess laser radiation. Plus the system is equipped with an electrical power manual reset, a key-locked laser power switch, and a remote interlock connector. Finally, the system has audible and visible emission indicators with five (5) second emission delay settings. All these features, in combination, constitute the laser radiation safety system which allows the CleanTech™ units to be used in a safe and secure manner.
- Continuous operation under high shock, vibration and dust conditions
- 110V/220V AC power source
- 1 mJ pulse laser standard
- Cleaning Head with dual activation switch and mechanical interlock for safety
- Wide range of cleaning parameters, standard, and custom optics shapes
- Class 4 laser-rated safety viewing port
- Laser “ON” locked contact switch for operator safety
- Mini-Exhaust Ventilator standard
- Optional Dust Collector
- Optional – Assist inert Gas system
- Flexible 3 Meter Optical Cable
- Metal Parts Cleaning
- Anodizing removal
- 3D Surface Cleaning and Conditioning
- Surface Texturing
- Cosmetic surface conditioning (replaces bid blasting)
- Selective paint Removal
- Mold Cleaning
- Joining pre-treatment Cleaning
- “On-The-Fly” Cleaning
- Ablation (Anodized, Painted or Coated)
- Paint Stripping and Removal
- Rust and Corrosion Removal