Beyond metal cutting and welding, auto manufacturers are upgrading to laser cutting for vehicle sealing, custom luxury seats, interior components, airbags, and perforating fabric. The auto industry is also utilizing CleanTech laser cleaning systems (mold cleaning, part cleaning, and surface prep), 3D metal printing and engraving marking (UID marking, barcoding, backlit panels/switches, glass marking, ablation, etching, marking, and more.
Laser use in automotive manufacturing dates back to Ford Motor Co in the mid ’70s. Lasers were used initially for under body welding for an assembly line. Today, lasers are used in nearly every facet of the automotive industry, but there are some processes that are still labor and time intensive that need updating.
We have automotive industry clients who aren’t just looking for a new machine, they are searching for innovative, time reducing and cost-saving solutions to bottle-necked, manual processes. It’s not just the big automotive giants, but the parts suppliers too. Recently, part suppliers to Telsa Motors, Ford, Mercedes Benz, and BMW called on our laser expertise to update their manufacturing processes.
- Marking on all automobile parts
- Kiss cutting vinyl finish for dashboards
- Selective anti-reflective coating removal on windshields
- Laser welding for car bodies
- Laser Cutting – Metals and other materials
- Laser Cleaning, paint removal, and surface prep
In this modern industrial age, there are still delays caused by inefficient and outdated manufacturing processes. Simply outfitting a laser to a gantry arm is not going to fix anything. Partnering with our customers allows us to develop and customize a true, future proof solution that fits their needs and their budgets.
Our goal is to provide manufacturing customers with a faster, safer method of cutting, engraving, marking, and cleaning that can be repeated and operated 24-7. Solutions that will reduce operating cost and generate ROI by fulfilling more orders – faster.
Laser Photonics is working with Tesla Motor’s seat suppliers to make the process more efficient and cost-effective.
Why upgrade underperforming equipment to innovative laser systems from Laser Photonics?
- Reduce cost of operation: low power consumption limited to no maintenance
- Unmatchable speed, accuracy, and precision
- Ability to easily cut almost any material – especially highly reflective metals
- No additional learning curve – CNC controls with G-Code programming
- Longest lasting lasers of any type
- Expandable: from 2” x 2”, robot arms, 6’ x12’ large format table to custom sizes
- Safe, easy to operate and 24/7 365 operating longevity
The ability to easily integrate with existing robots is also particularly attractive to the automotive industry as it allows their capital investment to remain relatively low while providing versatility and redeployment for future needs.