3D Fusion metal printing system
Each 3D FUSION metal printing system is designed for the rapid transition of metal printed parts from prototype to production based on a common family of geometric shapes and application specific metal type. The process starts with a comprehensive review of 3D CAD files and part specifications optimizing the XYZ build-plate dimensions for minimum powder usage. Based on the part specification, the company selects the best-fit building block technologies from it 3D Fusion library of patents, licenses, proprietary metal IP and next-generation hardware representing the fastest path to MRL 10 manufacturing production readiness.Desktop Metal printing specialist acknowledge that current generation metal printing systems manufacture metal printed parts with wide unit-to-unit variations with very few companies announcing MRL6 capabilities. Each of the company’s 3DFusion building block technologies incrementally eliminate the system processing conditions that contribute to the wide fluctuations of metal printing parts from the same machine and from machine-to-machine.
The 3D FUSION Advantage
- Produce metal parts with complex geometries and internal structures
- Dramatically reduce product development and lead times
- Reduce molding and tooling costs
- Direct Drive Motion System—the laser head moves with the highest possible acceleration and smoothness, reducing stress and vibration on the carriage frame and lowering maintenance requirements.
- Optimized for specified powders, resulting in best performance and part consistency
- Extremely high laser positioning accuracy
- Integrated, sealed digital encoder
- Coaxial vision system and other sensors allow real-time monitoring of operation.
- Optical or mechanical Z axis capability
- Double productivity option: each system can equipped with dual laser heads; each head can be configured for independent operation or Master/Slave operation
- For the best performance Laser Photonics systems are optimized for nano powder with a certain specifications.
- To ensure consistency Laser Photonics sells a range of nano powders to ensure the best performance of our precision 3D laser sintering process.
Laser Photonics exclusively uses only state of the art techniques, components, and technologies to build its highly reliable and effective laser systems. All parts and components are manufactured in the United States representing the highest in reliablity and quality.
EQUIPMENT DESIGN CONSIDERATIONS
We solely develop all 3D Direct Metal printing systems for specific customer requirements, targeting maximum performance for 3D printing of specialized designs, parts and applications. Our designs allow customers to optimize expensive nano powder consumption, reduce inert gas flow rate, optimize throughput verses surface roughness, minimize powder fill up volume in the process chamber, define optimal laser power requirements, optimize system costs in relation to application (design for the warhead 3D metal sintering system is different from the design of medical contact pads mold forms prototyping, even if they have the similar horizontal cut dimensions).
We bring forth over 100 years of laser equipment design experience into the world of 3D Metal Fusion Technology and Equipment
Combined with our extensive experience of integrating Vision systems into laser equipment, and our 3D engraving capabilities experience with submicron accuracies of non-dimensional Zero Width Laser Cutting Technology™ equipment together with real size shipbuilding laser cutting machines, positions us as one of the preferred premium suppliers of the revolutionary 3D Metal Fusion Equipment utilizing the Direct Metal Sintering process in “high volume additive manufacturing” or prototyping of the most challenging and sophisticated parts and components in the Industry.
3D Metal Printing Systems: Fastest Path To MRL10
3D Fusion represents the company’s continuously growing umbrella of building-block technologies supported by patents, licenses, next-generation hardware and proprietary metal processing IP dedicated to designing specialized 3D metal printing systems for manufacturing purposes representing the fastest path to MRL10 production readiness.
- Automated build-plate technology extends metal printed parts out to 1.5m x 3m
- Proprietary multi-kilowatt laser designed for 3D metal additive manufacturing
- LaserComb technology reduces manufacturing times and unit-to-unit variations
- Beam spot remains circular and constant in size & peak intensity across build-plate
- Laser illumination across powder bed is constant and predictable with no hotspots
- Specialized 3D metal AM systems based on metal print part specification
- Powder generator produces uniform powder free of oxide for qualified applications
- Direct Drive Motion System transports laser orthogonal across the powder bed
- Sealed digital encoder 100% maintenance-free with laser placement accuracy of 5μm
- Build rate: 5 cm³ – 40 cm³ per hour
- Printing speed 2000 – 3000 mm/s
- Positioning speed (max.) 6000-12000 mm/s
- Layer thickness 20 – 100 µm
- Min Wall Thickness 150 – 1000 mkm
Metallic powders include Aluminum AlSi10Mg, Stainless Steel 316L and 17-4PH, Titanium Ti6Al4V, cobalt-chrome (ASTM75), Inconel 718 and 625. Fonon’s continuously expanding portfolio of specialized powder materials are certified to work well with 3D BTS metal printing systems. Metal printing has a wide range of applications in aerospace, automotive, military/defense, space, and medical.